OptiMate 3 is the most trusted fully sealed battery saving charger & maintainer for your motorcycle, ATV, Side by Side or personal watercraft available with ONE, TWO, and FOUR BANK versions.
OptiMate 3, the all-in-one tool for 12V battery care at home. Diagnoses, recovers, charges, tests and optimally maintains, automatically.
OptiMate 3 will recover your battery from deep discharge and optimally recharge it. Then it will check that the charge delivered is the best possible before then checking how well the battery can retain the charge.
How it works:
- Safety check: OptiMate 3 must be connected to a battery (retaining minimum 2V) to activate its output
- Desulfation and recovery: Tests the battery for possible deep discharge or sulphation. If needed, a voltage of up to 20V is automatically applied to overcome this and to recover neglected batteries until they are able to accept the normal charge program.
- Bulk charge: a constant current of 0.8A efficiently brings the battery close to full charge.
- Charge verification: If within 30 minutes the automatic circuit judges that the achieved charge is less than optimal, the program reverts to bulk charge and the process repeats.
- Charge retention test: Depending on the voltage retained during 30 minutes, an “OK” (green LED) or “not OK” (red LED) test result is displayed. These 30 minute test periods repeat hourly so that the battery status indication is continually updated.
- Charge maintenance: OptiMate 3 can stay connected to the battery indefinitely, the battery will stay cool and safe.
- Recommended for: AGM/MF, Standard, GEL and spiral cell batteries from 2.5Ah to 50Ah rated capacity
- Program control: 5 stages, fully automatic
- Input voltage: 100-240V~50-60Hz, global input
- Input current max: 0.23A @ 100V – 0.15A @ 240V
- Reverse drain current: less than 1mA
- Output current (bulk charge): 0.8A
- Automatic desulfation: yes
- Charge time limit: 48 hours
- Maintain / test cycles: 30 min/30 min (alternating hourly)
- Enclosure classification: IP54
- Mounting: easy direct wall mounting
- Input cable length: 6ft / 2m
- Output cable length: 6ft / 2m
- Included Accessories: O-1 weatherproof permanent lead and O-4 alligator/battery clips
- Operation temperature range: -4 °F to 104 °F / -20°C / +40°C
- Warranty: 3 years